Dorothy H. O’Connor
Pet Adoption Center
Dorothy Hanna O’Connor
Dorothy Hanna O’Connor (1907-1992), Victoria’s preeminent caregiver of dogs and cats, established Six Flags Humane Society in 1963 as the community’s first animal rescue shelter. As the successor organization, The Dorothy H. O’Connor Pet Adoption Center is dedicated in her memory, so that a new generation of Victoria County’s citizens may continue in her work of humane treatment of dogs and cats and to facilitate the adoption of God’s creatures into loving homes.
Six Flags Humane Society – 1963
The Dorothy H. O’Conner Pet Adoption Center – 2007
The longest serving animal shelter in Victoria County continues and reaffirms its mission:
The Dorothy H. O’Connor Pet Adoption Center provides homeless animals a caring environment with the purpose of the adoption of dogs and cats into their own loving homes.