Camp K9 (Session 2)
Start: 6/22/2015 9:00 am
End: 6/25/2015 12:00 pm
***Session 2 is FULL***
Call DOCPAC at 361-575-8573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be placed on our waiting list for next summer’s Camp K9.
Camp K9 is for kids 10-15 years of age. Your child will experience specific training techniques to use on a current or future pet. Campers are encouraged to train our shelter dogs, increasing their chances for adoption. Your child is invited to bring their family dog, prior approval required by the Director (see below for more information). Safety of all campers and dogs is our priority.
CAMP SESSIONS: Monday-Thursday * 9:00am-12:00pm
June 15-18 July 6-9
June 22-25 July 13-16
$150 (non-refundable) per child; per camp session
Call, fax, or email your registration today. Make a difference one pet at a time!
Phone: (361)575-8573 Fax: (361)575-8575 Email: email@example.com
Should My Family Dog Attend Camp K9?
When considering whether your canine companion is appropriate for attending our Camp K9, please ask yourself the following questions:
1. Is your dog confident and friendly towards strangers/children?
2. Does your dog allow you to take a toy from its mouth?
3. Does your dog enjoy and seek out the company of other dogs?
4. Does your dog enjoy and seek out the company of children?
5. Does your dog play gently and appropriately with both children and other dogs?
6. Can your child control the family dog on a leash?
7. Is your dog easygoing and okay when you are not around?
8. Is your dog okay in a kennel?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, your dog would be a great candidate for coming to camp! If you dog is shy, guards toys or treats, has separation issues, and/or is fearful of children or other dogs, Camp K9 would not be a safe or enjoyable experience for your dog. Safety for our campers and all animals on the premises is our top priority. DOCPAC reserves the right to make all necessary decisions in order to maintain safety for all at our camp. This means that your dog may be kenneled or asked not to return if he/she appears uncomfortable or fearful at camp. We aim for your dog to have a great time, too! Please contact us at 361-575-8573 if you have questions about your family dog attending our Camp K9.