Start: 10/11/2014 1:00 pm
End: 10/11/2014 2:30 pm
DOCPAC presents “CANINE CONNECT” featuring Sue Furman and Jamie McElroy.
Sue Furman, Ph.D. spent 40 years at major universities including the University of Maryland, School of Medicine and Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biological Sciences teaching future physicians and veterinarians and conducting research involving nerve and muscle. She combined her extensive scientific background with her expertise in holistic animal care methodologies and founded Holistic Touch Therapy School of Canine Massage and Acupressure in 1995. Sue is author of Balance Your Dog: Canine Massage, Canine Massage for the Athlete in Every Dog and Canine Massage for the Athlete in Every Dog DVD. www.HolisticTouchTherapy.com
Jamie McElroy is a recreational athlete and YogaFit instructor who is passionate for all creatures. Jamie values the many benefits from yoga, stretching and massage.
Register your dog and participate for this class combining gentle stretching, massage and petting with a purpose, while increasing the bond with your pet. Doga style. Dogs can have high impact lifestyles (playing, running, pulling, jumping, chasing etc). Like us, they experience joint degeneration, muscle pain, stress and general body break-down.
We see our dogs stretch naturally all the time. These are some of the following benefits to Canine Connect.
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Speeds up recovery and loosens muscles
- Increases their circulation
- Enhances muscle tone, range of motion & increases flexibility of soft tissue
- Reduction of edema (swelling)
- Improvement in athletic performance, body posture and balance
- Prevention of atrophy in inactive muscles
- Desensitizes dogs to touch and increases flexibility and well-being
- Therapeutic for humans/dog connection
- Strengthens the pet/human bond
Additional benefits include some training byproducts. Canine Connect will help your dog get used to being touched all over their body. This can help with grooming, or sensitive areas where your dog may prefer to not be touched. Your pet may also become more in tune with you in general, which can help with focus and the inclination to listen to your commands outside of class.
- Current proof; Rabies vaccination & DAPPL
- Need to be well behaved non-reactive(negative) to other dogs or humans
- House trained
- Must be on leash at all times
- Open mind
Canine Connect helps you spend more time with you dog and will increase the bond that you share. What is better than being with your furry canine friend?
Preregister: limited to 9 participants dogs
Date: October 11, 2014
Location: DOCPAC’s Marsha Shanklin Education Building, 135 Progress Dr.
Proceeds benefit animals at DOCPAC, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Contact DOCPAC at 361-575-8573 to register.
For more information on Canine Connect feel free to e-mail Sue Furman email@example.com