Microchip & Nail Trim Day at DOCPAC!
Start: 1/13/2017 10:00 am
End: 1/13/2017 4:00 pm
Dorothy O’Connor Pet Adoption Center (DOCPAC) will be doing nail trims for $5.00 and our staff can microchip your dog or cat for $20.00 on Friday, January 13th from 10am to 4pm!
• Dog or cat must be non-aggressive so our staff can handle them for these procedures
• No appointment needed
• All dogs must remain on a leash at all times
• Cats must be contained in a pet safe carrier
• Proof of current Rabies Vaccination
• Date: Friday, January 13, 2017
• Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
• Location: DOCPAC Shelter (135 Progress Drive, Victoria, TX 77905)
• Cost: $20.00—Microchip
• $5.00—Nail Trims
All proceeds from this event help DOCPAC continue to provide the highest standard of care to the homeless animals in our area. Call DOCPAC at 361-575-8573 for more information.
Reasons to Microchip Your Pet
• Permanent pet identification
• Best chance of recovering your pet
• Lasts for your pet’s lifetime
Each year, thousands of lost and abandoned animals are taken in by shelters and humane societies across North America; some never make it back home because they can’t be identified. Collar tags can break or become unreadable and tattooing can become illegible. So, if you want to improve your pet’s chances of getting home fast and safe in case he/she goes missing, microchipping is your best option.
Microchipping offers pet owners the security and peace of mind that comes from the only permanent pet identification technology and a safe and secure way to reunite you and your pet. Veterinarian clinics, animal shelters, and PetSmart have universal microchip scanners that can read your pet’s unique microchip number. This microchip number is linked to your name, address, and phone numbers. This means that even if your pet isn’t wearing a collar, or the collar comes off, the owners can still be found. A microchip provides your pet extra protection from being lost or stolen.